Sunday, November 2, 2008

He will keep me awake at night

No matter who gets elected on Tuesday, neither one will get everything right in my opinion.  Neither one has all the answers that I am looking for and neither one will fix what's ailing our economy.  However, one has the potential to keep me up at night extremely concerned and angry over the consequences.

It won't be his tax policy.  Even though I don't agree with it, I will probably still sleep sleep at night.  It won't be his medical policy.  Again, I don't agree with it, but I will sleep at night.  It won't be his foreign policy.  I don't agree with it, but I think I will still sleep.  

It will be his moral policies that keep me awake at night.  His insistence for "a women's right to choose" along with the makeup of Congress that will keep me awake.  How will I sleep when the person in the highest office of our country wants to pass laws to "protect" an individual's ability to kill a baby - their very own baby?  Why is there this "god" in his belief system that a woman must have the ability to terminate her unintended pregnancy with a simple choice?  Why is the life of this child not protected in our country and in our government?  Just because a child is invisible to the eye and completely dependant on their mother, doesn't make him or her less of a person.  Doesn't he believe that this person in the womb has the right to choose anything?  Ever?  How about the right of a child to take their first breath?  I believe this right exists!

His judicial choices will also keep me awake at night because it is our supreme court justices who have made this current ruling in our country.  There is no doubt in my mind that there will be new justices appointed during this next presidential term and they have the power to interpret the Constitution through their own world view.  The impact of their decisions will affect generations to come - both my children's and my grand children's generations.

This is why I will be voting for the soldier.  He is the one who has fought for our country and has placed his life on the line so that others can have life.  He understands the value of life and what price has been paid and must continue to be paid to protect it.  And, I will be able to sleep at night.



No comments:

 
Lijit Search