Monday, October 20, 2008

Better Worship

She worships better now.  I see it in her eyes and in her face as she sings aloud to God.  It's different now.  It's beautiful!  Not that it was bad before, but it is now less hindered.  Eager and anticipating.  Like before you go on a trip, you anticipate it and thinking about it makes you happy.

It's just different now that this thing came into our lives.  This tumor.   This brain tumor.  This cancer.

Before this past May, I always thought that if she ever got some sort of cancer or life threatening illness that she would be really upset with God.  That she would be angry, question him hard, say "Why me" over and over and be in despair over it...  But she's not.  She's hardly had any complaints and I think is really at peace with it.  Not that the Dr's have given her a time frame because they haven't. 

But she worships better now with cancer.  It's just like Job I guess.  Will people still worship God in bad times as well as good?  Actually, it seems, they worship better in hard times.  In good times, the things around us distract us and make us feel like all is going to be OK.  But they're just things.  When times are tough, hard, or life threatening, it's just us and God.  Pure worship!

Thank you honey, for showing me a better way to worship!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The way it should be. True worship is not daunted by circumstances, it's flame is unextinguishable. Worship on, Trish. For His glory!

Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

"When all is stripped away, and I simply come....the heart of worship."

I long for this (minus the brain tumor part though) :)

Thank you for blessing me tonight.

Big Hug,
Kim

 
Lijit Search